The Best and Only Real Way
The best and only real way to lose weight safely is, however, through a combination of healthy eating and regular exercise. Losing weight safely will not happen overnight. It will require determination, discipline and patience. It will require a change of lifestyle, as opposed to a quick fix. Steady weight loss is the only real way in which any individual can maintain their results.
The key to any how to lose weight fast campaign is that you create a calorie deficit in the sense that you burn more calories than the amount of calories you consume. You as an individual have three options in this regard. You can limit your calorie intake in general, you can increase your levels of exercise, or you can do both. Want to know more about calories and weight loss? Visit our how many calories to lose weight page.
Eat, Eat, Eat…
You can limit your calorie intake by following a healthy eating plan, the foundations of which can be set out as follows:
- Eat five or more portions of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis;
- Start off the day with a good healthy breakfast. Cereals which are high in fiber, and say topped with berries, are a great quick option in this regard;
- Ensure your snacks do not consist of chocolate bars and potato chips. Opt instead for whole fruits or a portion of dried fruit, nuts or seeds;
- Increase your fiber intake easily by simply changing to from white bread to wholegrain or wholewheat bread, from regular pasta to wholewheat pasta and from white rice to brown rice; and
- Cut out those cans of soda, opting instead for lots of good old fashioned water. (watch out for gaining too much water weight though, go here to learn how to lose water weight)
Exercise, Exercise, Exercise…
It is relatively easy for any individual to increase their levels of exercise. You are in the first instance looking to commit to 30 to 60 minutes of exercise every day. Jogging, running or cycling are ideal for any individual starting off in this regard. Not only are such activities readily and easily accessible by the vast majority of individuals, they do not require any real specialist equipment. Further tips with regards to increasing your levels of exercise are as follows:
- Intensify your workout to increase the amount of calories burned by running faster or climbing steeper hills;
- For a bigger calorie burn consider high impact cardiovascular exercises, such as jumping or running. Working the whole body, by using both the upper and lower body, as in cross country skiing, will further boost the heart rate and will burn even more calories(how many calories does a person burn in a day?);
- Although the number of calories burned will not be quite as significant, including low impact cardiovascular exercises will ensure that you have a good overall exercise program; and
- Choose an activity which you will enjoy and manage to do on a regular basis. This really is of the uppermost importance, and the essential element as to whether or not you will manage to reach your weight loss targets.
- Take up running or swimming as daily exercise (swimming for weight loss is recommended when you want to do a full body workout and also lose weight)
A Lifetime of Changes
The only way to lose weight, and to keep it off, is to follow a healthy eating plan combined with regular exercise. This means adapting your lifestyle in general, making changes for the better, and maintaining such changes on an ongoing basis. Get started today with losing weight safely!