Over the years, people have been using herbs to manage or lose body weight. There are many herbs which contain rare and beneficial properties to help boost metabolism, detox the body, reduce hunger pangs(be careful to avoid starvation mode), improve the thyroid function and promote weight loss. If you are looking for a healthy solution to get rid of excess fat, you can find some useful information below on the top herbal weight loss remedies.
Before going further, you should know that many herbs can help with weight loss without the negative side effects. But, it’s best to use them in small amounts. Moreover, you need to consult a doctor before using herbal remedies if you are taking medications for a health problem.
- Green Tea: The Chinese have been using green tea for more than 4000 years to stimulate metabolism and better digestion. In addition to burning fats and inhibiting its absorption, this tea is among the best sources of antioxidants so it has many beneficial properties. It has high amounts of polyphenols which activates an enzyme and dissolve triglycerides. The body will get extra energy through a thermogenesis process and trigger the body to burn more fat.
- Ginseng: Most overweight persons have a slower metabolism and the ginseng herb will work wonders in this case. Drinking ginseng will boost your metabolism and burn off more calories. You can use ginseng as a tea or take it in pill form. A good tip to increase your metabolism is following a 6 meals a day diet. (Visit our how many calories to lose weight page to learn more about burning calories and losing weight)
- Hoodia Gordonii: This is a cactus from the Kalhari Desert in Africa. Hoodia acts as an appetite suppressant and it will work by tricking the brain into thinking that you have a full stomach. This is a good herbal remedy to consider if you are struggling to control your diet intake. It is currently available in the form of pills and tea.
- Cayenne: You might know this as a popular spice that is used for cooking. But, it is also a natural herb for weight loss. Cayenne has a capsaicin substance that is really effective when it comes to stimulating digestion and boosting metabolism.
- Glucomannan: Made from Amorphophallus Konjac root, this natural weight loss herb can slow down glucose absorption in the intestines. Apart from promoting weight loss, this herb will also give you a full feeling. Although this is an effective herbal remedy, you should exercise caution when using it for weight loss. Some people have actually complained about esophageal blockage after using this supplement.
Now that you know a few of the top herbal weight loss remedies, you can make an informed decision to get rid of the excess body fat. Just remember that you need to do some exercises to get the best results. This means that your weight loss program should be balanced with exercising, natural herbal teas or supplements and a healthy diet. Go to our how to lose weight page for more weight loss tips.